.

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

EDC Sun glasses


Wiley X Slay Sunglasses, given to a good friend a long time ago.

Message:
In 2014 you recommended WileyX Revolver Sun glasses, so I got 2 that I used for 2 years, but I lost the first and broke the second through abuse.
I am curious if there is a better kind of sun glasses for 2017 ? Now that you are back in a sunny country, I guess you are using more your glasses ? A new type, technology or brand you would recommend?
I used my glasses daily and sometimes even at night, as I felt like I lost some visibility but still got all the advantages of the glasses: Protection from wind, dust, random objects, and just psy advantage over people.
-Sam
.
Hey Sam,
Wow, you went through two Revolvrs? I’m still on my original pair and I’m using them everyday, every time I’m driving or walking.
You know, I was thinking about getting a spare pair in case I broke them. The great thing about the Revolvrs is the fantastic field of view you get.
They don’t seem to be selling them any more though so after some research, reading reviews and such I placed and order for these. They are Wiley X Ops Valor. I bought the Polarized version which reduces glare. Of course they have the 100% UV protection, impact resistance and all that good stuff. These can also use different lenses if you need clear or red ones.

I’ll see about trying them out and letting you guys know how I like them after some use.

FerFAL

Fernando “FerFAL” Aguirre is the author of “The Modern Survival Manual: Surviving the Economic Collapse” and “Bugging Out and Relocating: When Staying is not an Option”

1 comment:

Jon said...

I like these safety glasses. I use them for bicycling - I'll use them as just regular glasses too. They may look "ugly" but I don't care.

https://www.amazon.com/Global-Vision-Eyewear-Rider-Glasses/dp/B000NLBSGG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1508108453&sr=8-1&keywords=Global+Vision+Eyewear+Rider+Safety+Glasses%2C+Clear+Mirror+Lens